Raw Sandwich Cookies
For the cookies:
- 1 and 1/2 cups raw almonds or toasted, skinned hazelnuts
- 1 and 1/2 cups pitted dates
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 SCOOP OF GREEN ELIXIR
For the frosting:
- 8 oz almond milk cream cheese
- 5 Tbsp. pure grade A maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1.Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until the mixture comes together.
2.For the frosting, add all ingredients to a stand mixer fitted and whip until smooth, about 4-5 minutes.
3.To assemble, roll the cookies between two pieces of parchment paper until desired thickness is reached.
4.Using a round cookie cutter cut rounds and place on a cookie sheet or platter and place in the refrigerator to chill for 20-30 minutes.
5. When the cookies have chilled, remove from the fridge and fill them with the frosting (about 1/2 tablespoon)
6.Remove the excess frosting and put back the cookie in the fridge while you’re making the others.