Paleo Baklava Bars
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 heaping cup chopped walnuts or pecans (about 1/2 c 2 tbsp total)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1.5 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/8 tsp sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/4 cup honey (maple syrup or brown rice syrup for vegans)
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup creamy tahini or smooth almond butter
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flour
- dash cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 SCOOP OF GREEN ELIXIR
1.Make sure your nuts are chopped.
2.In a pan, toast chopped nuts, almond meal, the Elixir green powder, coconut oil and salt until lightly coated toasted, about 2 minutes to 3 minutes max.
3.Mix in honey until it bubbles, then remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
4.Put the nuts in a bowl and add the almond butter and coconut flour.
5.Spread and flatten into 8×8 dish to cool.
6.Refrigerate or freeze for 30 minutes.
7.Slice into squares and wrap each square in plastic wrap or foil to hold the texture.
8.Keep in fridge due to coconut oil.