Almond date truffles
- 20 Medjool dates, seeded and halved
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup plus 1 Tbsp. natural cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 cup toasted almonds, well chopped
- 1 SCOOP OF GREEN ELIXIR
1. Put the dates and vanilla in a food processor and run until a chunky paste forms.
2. Add the almond butter and pulse a few more times.
3. Add the coconut, cocoa powder, Green Elixir, salt and cinnamon and pulse a few more times.
4. Press the mixture between your fingers and see if it sticks together.
5. If it is too wet to hold in a ball, add more coconut, if too dry, add more almond butter or a splash of water.
6. Roll a heaping Tbsp. of the mixture between your palms to form a ball.
7. Repeat with remaining mixture.
8. Put your chopped almonds on a plate and roll each truffle in them.
9. Place the plate in the fridge to chill for at least an hour.