- 5 medium carrots, tops cut off and scrubbed clean
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1 cup whole pitted dates, packed
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk or almond milk for vegans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dried pineapple pieces or raisins
- 1/8 cup + 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 SCOOP OF INNER HARMONY
- pinch salt for the frosting
- 8 ounces almond milk cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 20-30 drops liquid stevia
1. Shred the carrots in the blender then the walnuts, almonds and dates.
2. Process until everything is broken down and you have a crumbly mixture.
3. Add the oats, raisins, pineapple, maple syrup, Inner Harmony and spices and pulse until everything is well mixed.
4. Line an 8X8 inch pan with parchment paper or lightly oiled tin foil.
5. Press the carrot mixture into the pan.
6. Put it in the freezer to help it set while you are making the frosting.
7. Add the almond milk cream cheese, vanilla and stevia in the food processor and process until it is just mixed. Don’t over process.
8. Use a spatula to put the frosting on top of the carrot cake bars.
9. Cut into the size you desire.
10. These need to be stored in the fridge because there is no sugar in the cream cheese.